Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Sushi Groove - Does it really groovy?

As a food enthusiast, I'd like to try new food while trying to be selective at the same time, since I have sensitive stomach. But, it's hard to resist cute sushi that comes with various ingredients :D Sushi Groove has 12 new menus, varies from all natural Deep Forest to all fruity Mango Megumi, I tried 8 of them.

The best that I had is of course, 'Mango Megumi'. The mango tasted fresh, although the cream cheese is too much that I can't barely taste the salmon. If you want something creamy yet fresh, this is the right choice. The second best in my opinion is 'Saboro Chicken' with cute green tobikko, that is tobikko mixed with wasabi. Don't really taste the wasabi, though, but the sweet&spicy mayo covers it all. You'll find tuna inside, ask for a fresh tuna. The third one is 'Salmon Mentai' which is salty. When some have not enough sauce, this one definitely has too many sauce that, again, I can't really taste the freshness of the salmon.
Salmon Mentai
Mango Megumi
Saboro Chicken



Now, the rest needs some improvement. I know that some people might liked it, but I myself had a terrible nausea the day after eating all these, and I thought that comes from too many ingredients put not in a proper amount of measurement of taste.

'Devil Tuna Roll', 'Firefly' and 'Black Pearl' are three sushi with the cutest name, yet the spiciest taste. All three has chili, although not too spicy-spicy, but the mixtures really make it either too much or not tasty enough. The rice on Devil Tuna Roll is too thick, although the spice taste is almost perfect :) Firefly  on the other hand, is lack of taste. I only tasted the chili and that it is spicy, without being able to taste anything else, also because it's dry. Similar thing towards Black Pearl where the chili really doesn't belong there. Sushi is sushi, where the spice taste comes from wasabi or ginger, if not chili powder. Not fresh cut chili.
Devil Tuna Roll
Firefly
Black Pearl

There were two more menu, 'Unamon' and 'Deep Forest. Unagi has always been my favorite, but Unamon doesn't amaze me at all. Many people also avoided Deep Forest that night, because it really is only vegetables - lettuce and a huge carrot with some cucumber and nori wrapped with rice. Really, even if you're a vegetarian, this is too bad for a groovy sushi.

About three weeks ago, I ordered some unagi as well, which is great. It tastes magnificent, with perfect choice of thick sweet sauce, and most uniques of all, was on a satay :D I forgot the name, but ask the waiter/waitresses for the description :) Oh, price are decent overall, but the new menus are definitely expensive for the taste. Visit Sushi Groove website for more information! 

Remember, choose only groovy menu! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment